February 11, 2013

Photography

Why do we take photographs?

I take photos because I love beauty, and to be able to create a time stand still and capture that beautiful moment, to me, is the coolest thing one can do. Of course real life is better, but then, it never lasts long. Life if full of change and ups and downs. I disagree with photo shop, because I believe it makes our fake moments captured by camera, even faker. There is real talent to being able to capture a beautiful moment almost perfectly. As perfectly as cameras can. There are times I wish our eyes had internal cameras, and can picture the 3D ness of our world as we see it. The panoramic setting, and the color schemes of our brain are much more intricate. We could think a word and our eyes would take a picture, as we see it. No color changes, no not getting far enough back to see the whole thing, etc. Just pure mental image. I look at a scene and its beautiful. But when I take the picture with my camera, there are buildings and power lines that ruin the sides of the picture. But with my eyes, I naturally block out all that, only seeing the good. That would be priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment